Lawrence County Fair, July 10th - 17th
Please understand due COVID-19, OSU Extension, Lawrence County and the Lawrence County Agricultural Society agree scheduled events, rules and regulations, and procedures could be subject to change.
Lawrence County 4-H youth planning to exhibit a livestock project at the 2021 Lawrence County Fair must complete Quality Assurance. Quality Assurance must be complete by May 1st to be eligibile for Lawrence County Junior Fair exhibition.
Youth have a few options to complete this year:
- Lawrence County 4-H Virtual Quality Assurance Training – youth will need to register for an online training at Lawrence County 4-H Virtual QA: March 25th (4:30, 5:30,or 6:30pm)
- YQCA Online Training – on your own pace, in your own space by registering through YQCA.org. Cost is $12.00 and youth must register for their Quality Assurance Age Option. The test-out option is not permitted for Ohio QA completion. For more information on registration, visit YQCA Online Training
- Quality Assurance Test-Out Option (12 years and older): Lawrence County 4-H Members who would like to take the Quality Assurance Test to test-out of QA training must set up an appointment by calling 740-533-4322 or emailing email@example.com
- Gallia County's The Dollars & Cents of Market Projects Virtual Program, On April 6, 2021 at 6:00 PM Dr. Steve Boyles and Dr. Lyda Garcia will be conducting this special online QA training. The training will specifically address issues with beef care and handling. The workshop is open to any 4-H or FFA member ages 12 and up, however members under the age of 14 will be required to have an adult participate in the training with them. Youth must participate in the entire session to receive QA credit. To register for the event click on the link www.go.osu.edu/dollarsandcents.
- Regional Virtual Livestock Clinic & Quality Assurance, Saturday, April 10th, 9:00am Join us for a general virtual livestock clinic focused on livestock nutrition, proper handling to ensure a quality meat product, and Assuring Quality Care for Animals. Pre-registration required and a Zoom link will be sent to the email provided. Youth must participate in the entire session to receive QA credit. To register: go.osu.edu/livestockclinic
- JUST ADDED: Lawrence County 4-H Quality Assurance Make Up Date, Thursday, April 29th at 6:00pm. To register for the event: Lawrence County QA ZOOM
2021 Lawrence County Fair Pageants
Queen Application, must be 16-18 years old (as of January 1st, 2021)
Princess Application, must be 12 - 15 years old (as of January 1st, 2021)
Little Miss Application, must be 4 - 11 years old (as of January 1st, 2021)